Why share your story?
Sharing your story gives you the courage to own the grace in the difficulties and fully embrace the joy.
Sharing your story gives others the chance to be inspired in hope.
Sharing your story makes us recognize what make our lives special, what unites us in joy and suffering, and what remind us how human we are.
St. Basil’s wants to hear about you.
Writing Prompts for Storytellers
- Explore a reoccurring theme or pattern in your life.
- Focus on a word, question, phrase or image that has significance to you.
- Begin with a defining moment: a realization, an encounter with someone/something.
- Ponder the question, What brought you here?
- Consider something you are currently struggling with or have overcome.
- Show us your wounds and your scars; show us your hope.
|Start from the beginning of your life||Start from a defining moment in your life|
|Offer generalized, vague outlines||Offer specific, detailed thoughts|
|Be guarded and “safe”||Be authentic and vulnerable|
|Use cliché celebrity quotes||Quote yourself or others|
|Question your importance||Ask yourself important questions|
|Hold back on feelings||Delve into a feeling or experience|
|Think about your end-goal||Think about your journey|
|Hand it in an unedited story||Have someone you trust edit your story|
|Feel as though you’re being watched||Feel as though you’re being heard|
Story Resources We Love
- Send your story via email to Margaret D’Elia